Sunday, August 9, 2009

Binukbok Questionnaire

1. What author do you own the most books by? Salinger, Anita Brookner and May Sarton, I almost have all their novels, I think.

2. What book do you own the most copies of? Art of War and Bhaggavad-gita, got two of both.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Not really. My prepositions are weak and uncertain. Prepositions still confuse me sometimes.

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? My love is no secret. I think I fall a bit in love with particular characters to be truly engaged, then I totally forget about them. My heart is fickle and promiscuous.

5. What book have you read the most times in your life? Something on spirituality.

6. Favorite book as a ten year old? The Hardy Boys series.

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? There’s always redemption at the end no matter how weak a book is. This is more of a self-indulgence for me so I don’t get upset or have self-loathing, I try to find crumbs I can cart away before I close a book forever.

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? I have not actually read for almost a year because of an illness. Maybe, the essays on fishing, I forgot the title.

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? The Jungle so they would also have bouts of rage and depression as I had. It's a punishing novel, I have to say.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? None that I can think of at the moment.

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? Those authored by French post-modernists, damn.

12. What is your favorite devotional book? The Psalms and Rilke

13. What is your favorite play? Brecht’s Mother Courage

14. Poem? Epitaph for the Western Intelligentsia, mostly because of the last line "We bark like dogs and learn to wag our tails"

15. Essay? Anything about literary criticism and critical theory usually interest me.

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? No Comment. Ask the critics.

17. What is your desert island book? A book on humor and poetry. Maybe, some Woody Allen's.

18. And...what are you reading right now? Finishing “Tale of Two,” a book about Lucille, an adorable dog.

No comments: