Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beat It

Obviously, a CSI fan emailed me this. For all the money media reportage squeezed from the dignity of a dead celebrity, tongues will not cease wagging. Bring CSI to settle the matter and put all speculations to rest.

As the illustration suggests, MJ's heart could no longer take a beating one day more. When the heart gives up, in real life and in movies, a sense of dread and emptiness and an absence of purpose prevails.

Rest easy, all our dead brothers.

****************************

Another message, this time an SMS from Fordy pricked a funny bone. I wasn't able to save it, so from memory, let me reconstruct it in Waray. The original text was incidentally in Tagalog.

Nanay: Upay-upaya gad it im katre.
Anak: Para ano? Magugubot man la gihap iton. Baga ka la hin nahigugma, tapos, masasakitan la.
Nanay: Char! Nag-emote an hubya.

Allusions. Hints and allegations. The state of our shared bed is a constant issue between my sister and I. My side gives an impression that it could have been slept in by an elephant and a cow and novels are my bedfellows so you can just imagine the chaos.

Lastly, my being "hubya". In my defense, I say that I was just born tired. As if I had a choice in the matter. As I said, I was born tired. So beat it.

5 comments:

daday said...

hmmm me too since i was born 2 months early! why didn't this explanation and realization slapped me when my Mama was still giving me this line every morning: baga kan halas nga kun diin naglu-no(molting), adto la binibilin!

tailwagger said...

Haha! I have had the same morning scenario, Dadayesque. But for you, I suggest: I was born to be wild. Haha.

What's happening in your side of the hemisphere, in our shared suburbia of V & G? When are you cooking lunch and invite me? Do I need a passport to go to Phase 4?

Anonymous said...

the same thing, you know how ironic our 'area' is...whatever is the status of this country is the same status in our Pilipinas St :-D

id love to cook lunch for you again :D are you a carnivore again or still eating sagbut and veggies?

--dadayesque

tailwagger said...

Dadayesque, back to cannibalism na liwat ako yana. My onco forced me to go back to eating meat, after almost 7 years, kay diri daw ako nutrionally sound (read: malnourished). So I am eating chicken and pork again (no beef, that's not going to happen, holy cow!).

PETA is surely disappointed and my former drinking buddy, Morrisey, who bravely declared "Meat is Murder".

I know that you're busy, you're teaching from what I gather so we can sked it during the sembreak na la para, no distraction.

thanks for visiting the blog. come back soon.

Anonymous said...

sureness! ok, sem-break we'll have lunch :D don't worry, no beef here too (well, at least while Frog is here--you know his list of "not-to-eat")

nutritionally sound? euphemism of malnourished kana iday! haha so does it follow if i'm not mentally sound, AKA lorong-lorong? im babbling

--dadayesque