Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wenger Wings it Good

If it is not snobbery oozing from Arsene Wenger's patrician nose, I will not take a bath for a week.

Slamming down the lucrative sheets of Real Madrid and a chance to remove himself from the gloom of England to relocate to Spain where the sky is in perfect blue (just my wild imagination, I have never been to these places obviously), he rationalizes that Real Madrid leans towards football-spectacle. Ouch! Again, if this is not snobbery coming out from the pores of his skin, I will starve myself for a week.

The Wenger further elucidates, "football has another dimension: the success of building a team with style, a know-how, a club's own game-culture." Again, if this is not snobbery...but no more sacrifice on my part.

Hats off for standing up for a football philosophy slowly eroded by nouveau-financiers with their mountain of wealth to spare and nothing else. I respect Wenger for being old school and yes, classy.

No comments: