Thursday, June 25, 2009

Teacher-Stalker




Still on the subject of students becoming teachers, my cousin Carlyl’s favorite teacher is RV, incidentally a student in a History or introductory PolSci class, I can’t be certain anymore.

C started freshman last year and one time he visited me at RTR Hospital. Too weak to even speak, I managed to wrangle this tidbit. Almost leaping from the hospital bed in mild excitement, “I know that guy – dusky, knowing smile, a carpet of chest hair?” Poor cousin with his perplexed expression, “ambot lang, Te.”

RV, a self-confessed stalker, bwahaha, is an excellent writer. More than the chest hair, I remember the writing (don’t worry, I’m not set out to commodify you). Here’s proof:

“I am saddled with sadness at your state but at the same time am glad to have known a great mentor like you. Yours is a life well-lived for you have embellished the lives of so many hungry minds.”

Pastilan, this fellow wants me dead. Or just too efficient perhaps? He has written an eulogy for me in advance. Wow!

Another shot: “Relishing my college years isn’t complete without remembering how good you taught us. That only inspires me to craft the same level of standard in my students.”

Salamuch R for this thoughtful note. This made me smile. I am happy and proud that my cousin appreciates your passion and integrity. Good taste runs in the family, doesn’t it?

I don’t have a penny so let me loan from Douglas Coupland, once It-boy/author of “Generation X”: “There are 3 things you can’t fake: erections, competence, and creativity.”


Be guided accordingly, as your favorite ROTC instructor might express it.

No comments: