Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank You for the Music


“Thank you providence, thank you frailty
Thank you clarity, thank you consequence,
Thank you silence”
- Alanis Morisette, “Thank You”

A gig was cooked up by college friends Jigolo and Gae, along with their friends from the Taclo-BAND scene to help me transition to the wellness track.

Over at FB, this plan stewed. Since I don’t have an FB account, I was clueless until the last minute. I admit to having reservations at first – people might think I was making a business of my illness although I squashed the thought at once. Just because I can be malicious at times (ehem!) doesn’t mean everyone is. I apologize, gracious Lord, for thinking badly of my fellow.

Over that, it’s the squeaky feeling of being fussed at, that nagging thought that I don’t deserve this attention. I am immensely grateful and humbled by this unexpectedly pleasant effort. I feel the love, my heart flies.

The generosity, thoughfulness, and kindness of friends and relatives since I got sick are just in full tank. Just thinking about it leaks some liquid round my eyes. Tissue, please.

Guilt sometimes creeps at being a bum on the road to health but a religious friend enlightens that crises are vehicles for people to demonstrate their goodness. By helping someone in need, people are actually reaffirmed. That thought makes me feel a bit lighter.

It’s reaffirming too that music is the vehicle by which all this display of generosity and talent gestated. If I had a say, I would have suggested macho dancers gyrating in libidinal abandon (are you reading this, Jigolo?), elephant and hurricane wouldn’t prevent me from attending the gig.

I heard that Morrissey and Duran tunes were played, a fitting tribute to the days of our innocence. When Jigs dropped by our place on the day of the gig, he caught me playing songs from “Hatful of Hollow” rather loudly – The Smiths-mode, so time-warped. Spank me.

Again, a whale of thanks. Me and my family confer all the sacred blessings in this universe to all of you. Salamuch from the bottom, top, lateral of my promiscuous heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when ni? i can't view the poster.

tailwagger said...

sorry for the unreadable poster.

tapos na, june 5 but there's another pa daw, june 29. i dunno if that pushes through. i am not in any way involved so i am not privy to the details. sowee.

kring said...

hi dyn. kring here. missed you much. my memories of UP days will always have you in it. would love to see you and this "little" gig your friends are cooking for you but work wont permit me for any travel for the next couple of months or so from now. havent even seen joi and the gang since our graduation but we do keep in touch. anyways, i pray you well. see you one of these glorious days.

dyndyn said...

Hi, Kring! So sweet of you to drop by.

That's alright if you can't make it to this "special" gig, your optimistic thoughts for me is more than enough to keep me going. Thanks so much.

I am delighted that you have fond memories of college and I am part of some of it. So if your life were turned into a movie, apil kaya ako? bwahaha. Miss Tapia gud ada, hmp.

Paabat la pirmi. Hope to see you guys.